Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Christmas Lists

They're starting to come in already. It's not even Halloween but Christmas lists are finding their way to family group listings and individual emails. Some of my friends/family just send a picture of what they want and where to buy it.

While it takes some of the excitement out of what to buy, I'm grateful for the help. I get enough mystery in our writing without going through mysteries of what I should buy for people.

My wife, of course, is the hardest to buy for. She likes trinkets and doo-dads and I have to try and keep track of what trinket and doo-dad she likes this year. I used to buy her practical stuff, the stuff I like; pots and pans, dishes and socks. But that was before I knew better. Now it's music boxes that play specific songs, Victorian bracelets that slide and glass that changes color under ultraviolet light.

I like Christmas but I'm easier to please. Give me a gift card for Best Buy or a computer store, a few hours of alone time to peruse the merchandise, and I'm in heaven.

Gotta go. I have a list of trinkets to look through before we start working on the new book this afternoon. Take my advice, order early! You don't want to be left with a popcorn popper as a gift on Christmas eve.

Jim Lavene
www.joyceandjimlavene.com

No comments: