Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Friends by Joyce Lavene



I never thought becoming a writer would change my life so much. I have met so many wonderful people in the 11 years since my first book was published. Terry Prather (pictured with me and Jim at the Friends of the Library luncheon in Kannapolis, NC on Tuesday is one of them.

She is a dynamo, keeping her library going, setting up programs for writers and readers, inspiring people and listening to her library patrons.

She has sent strangers my way, telling them what a wonderful person and writer I am, showing them my books at the library. She has helped me with research and listened when I complained about things I thought weren't fair.

She is a sweetheart and I am glad to call her my friend. One of many people I didn't know were out there until I took up the pen to write.

Wise people have always said that it is the journey that matters as we travel to our destinations in life. Terry, and other friends like her, make me believe.

Joyce Lavene
A Timely Vision
Berkley - May 4
www.joyceandjimlavene.com

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Sounds like your Kannapolis event was fun...and that Terry had a lot to do with it!

The writing and book communities are so wonderful.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Unknown said...

Love the saying!
You have such an interesting blog too!
Since becoming an author I too have met some remarkable people along the way..the saying makes so much sense.
Regards,
Rebecca