Sunday, June 28, 2009

Newton, NC Workshop

Last weekend, the Carolina Conspiracy gave a writing workshop at the Catawba County Library in Newton, NC.

There was a great turnout and many people took notes as different authors talked about setting, the revision process, keeping motivated, agents and editors, and creating characters.

I took notes, too. There are so many different ways to come up with a finished manuscript. I love to hear different ideas from authors on getting the job done. Trying someone else's approach, even if it may not work as well for me, keeps me interested in my project and helps me look at my manuscript with fresh eyes.

I'm looking forward to the other writing workshops the Conspiracy is giving: August 8 in Concord, NC and October 3 in Mint Hill, NC. Check out our website at www.carolinaconspiracy.com for updates.

On other topics---it's summer reading time! What's on your list? Right now, I'm getting caught up on books I wanted to read earlier. P.D. James' The Private Patient is currently on my nightstand and I'm hoping to pick up the sequel to Girl with the Dragon Tattoo next.

Elizabeth
http://mysterywritingismurder.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Glynis Peters said...

It must be fun to hear other author's ideas.
I am trying to get a pattern and rhythm going at the moment.Maybe trying someone elses method might work for me.
Interesting post,thanks.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Hi Glynis!

It's really useful to hear other writers' thoughts on writing and the process.

Getting into a pattern is tough--I usually just make sure I write every day even though it's not at the same time each day or the same location.

Elizabeth
www.mysterywritingismurder.blogspot.com