Monday, July 27, 2009

New Release and General Craziness

Pretty Is as Pretty I’ve decided that having a book released is a little like having a baby.  Sometimes it’s great, sometimes there are complications, and it’s always a real rush to prepare for the new arrival.

Like a new mom, I’m excited to have Pretty is as Pretty Dies release on Saturday (August 1.)  Everything seems to be in place…I’ve got my promotional materials in hand, I’ve sent out the press releases to the local media, I’ve got  reviews and guest blogs lined up.

In many ways, though, I’ll be glad when junior is able to do more things himself.  It’ll be a relief to be able to focus a little more on my next deadline, which is approaching alarmingly fast on September 1.

Life has been pretty busy here, and I feel like I haven’t had as much time to connect with friends and family while I’m answering phone calls and emails.  I’m hoping to catch up with everyone really soon once the baby sleeps through the night….

No comments: